The First Baptist Church of Huntersville (FBC-H) has been generously endowed by church members who have established a scholarship fund through gifts and memorials that provides financial resources to be awarded each year to full-time student(s) accepted to a post-secondary institution (college, university, technical community college.)
Preference will be given to students attending a North Carolina Baptist institution. The value of the scholarship will vary according to the returns on the invested funds and the number of qualified applicants.
Qualifications for the scholarship include:
1. Applicant must be a member or child of a member of FBC-H.
2. Applicant shall have a definite need for financial assistance.
3. Applicant exhibits high moral character, dedication to family, church and community.
1. Applications will become available at the beginning of January during the year of application. Applications may be downloaded from the church website and completed using Microsoft Word.
2. Completed applications in Microsoft Word format, current school transcript(s), a letter of recommendation from a teacher/administrator or college professor, photo and college acceptance letter must be returned to the FBC-H Church office by no later than March 1st year requested. The college acceptance letter must be provided prior to awarding of scholarship if it’s not available at the time of the application. Please check with the church office to verify that your application has been received. Additional paper may be used if more room is needed for any responses. It’s most important that your responses are detailed and complete to help the Stewardship Group better know you. Any questions should be directed to the Stewardship Group chairperson.
3. After reviewing all applications, the Stewardship Group will notify all applicants by phone or email of their scholarship award status. The scholarship recipient(s) will be invited to the presentation of awards during the spring Family Forum.
4. This application is for one academic school year, however, a student may reapply in following years if qualifications are met.